Oakland Local is a local news & community non-profit that powers a network of news sites and social media accounts in Oakland, CA. One of the most-watched journalism start-ups in the country, we’re editorial partners with KQED. SFGate.com, and New America Media. Our content is distributed via Yahoo News!, and Google News, as well as via the Investigative News Network and The Media Consortium.
We have tremendous reach: Edited by experienced local journalists, Oakland Local’s stories include breaking news, analysis and reflection, and community commentary. Our web site has an average of 120,000 page views per month, with 66,000 unique visitors from the Bay area— the most popular independent local nonprofit news site in the area. Our social media has over 17,000 engaged followers–check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
We offer great ad targeting: With the ability to target by interest and location, you can advertise exactly where your customers live and work–and also align marketing with their areas of interest. Businesses can buy any combination of targets in the network and have customize ad messages for each. Clients include the Children’s Fairyland, the East Bay SPCA, and Waste Management –as well as over a hundred small businesses and counting.
Local ads for small businesses: Local Businesses can purchase a topic or neighborhood site ad for $75 to $150 a month each, depending on the size of the neighborhood and the popularity of the site. Sponsorships include a 125 X 125 pixel display ad and a mention in Oakland Local’s 3X week newsletter. (For more details on traffic for a given neighborhood or topic, please contact us.)
Sponsorships for larger advertisers: Sponsors can choose to buy either the 150×180 display ad unit or a rotating 970×35 “masthead” ad unit , which has been popular with our larger advertisers.
The masthead unit appears at the top of all pages, and above the navigation, for a minimum of 33% of all page views. Pricing ranges from $350-500 a month, depending on how many months you purchase. Ads can rotate.
Contact us: For more information, please contact Margaret Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Susan Mernit, email@example.com We’re a local organizations, so your ad dollars will stay right here in Oakland and be spent in the community.
℅ Tech Liminal
555 12 Street, Suite 110
Oakland, CA 94607
Want to know more about our audience, sponsorship opportunities for corporate clients, and social media marketing? Get in touch! Margaret Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org
TESTAMONIALS FROM ADVERTISERS AND COMMUNITY
What people say about Oakland Local
- “Oakland Local has gotten us results that make advertising worthwhile.”–Gavin Raders, Planting Justice
- “We have gotten so many orders from Oakland Local, starting in the first week we placed an ad.”–Phat Beets Collective
- “Oakland Local has helped build a broader awareness for Caffe 817.”–Caffe 817 owners
- “Oakland Local made a huge difference in driving registrations for our events,” Darlene Crane, Created in Oakland (CIO) and Alliance for Community Development
- “We get orders from Oakland Local readers, it really works,”-Greg Elenbaas, Co-Soap
- “These ads get results.”-Soul Luciani, thismustbetheplace
- “I love what Oakland Local is doing”–Olis Simmons, Youth UpRising
- “You’re performing such a valuable service for the community.”–Tina Ramos, La Borinquena
- “I love Oakland Local and see it as an absolutely vital outlet that covers the depth and breadth of stories here and will become increasingly
important as all news media continue to evolve.”–Scott Horton
- “I love reading Oakland Local and have found it to be one of the best resources for local information this year. Thank you for all your good
work!”–Ashley Elliott, East Bay Bike Party
- “I think what you’re doing is fantastic.”–Brian Carlsen