HOLIDAY MARKETING IS HAPPENING
OAKLAND LOCAL’S HOLIDAY MARKETING PROGRAMS include social media marketing, sponsored articles, ads, a gift guide and TONS of events. Become our partner in marketing your holiday gift, program, restaurant, party or service–and reach 100,000 Bay area residents, many ages 18-35, who love to go out, shop local and eat good food with their friends.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO GET INVOLVED CONTACT
Margaret Lucas, Business Development Director
WORK WITH US–HERE’S WHY
Oakland Local is a powerful destination and innovative online news and community experience for people who love Oakland for living, working, dining out, and exploring. We work together to build community, report news, highlight local businesses and arts & culture, and support diversity and economic development. We can get your business, event, message and product in front of thousands of highly engaged local people.
The average Oakland Local reader is:
- Between 22 and 40 (with 15% of them over 55)
- Super passionate about going out locally and buying locally
- 38% people of color (self identified)
- 17% LQBTQ (self identified)
- College educated
- A heavy tech and social media user
- A regular online shopper
- Someone who bikes, uses a mobile phone, and likes to eat out and socialize
We offer advertisers the opportunity to connect with highly engaged, active, and values-driven adults who care deeply about their community. 92% of our readers who answered a recent survey said that buying from local businesses is “very important” to them.
Oakland Local is edited by experienced local journalists, with breaking news, analysis and reflection, and community commentary published daily. Our web site has an average of 120,000 page views per month, with 66,000 unique visitors from the Bay Area, making it the most popular independent site for local news.
Local ads for small businesses: Local businesses can purchase a 150×250-pixel ad on a topic or neighborhood page. Prices run from $75 to $150 per month, depending on the page’s amount of traffic. Local ad packages also include a mention in Oakland Local’s newsletter and a quarterly “welcome advertiser” article.
Sponsorships for larger advertisers: Sponsors can choose either a range of ads, including a front page badge (300 X 250 pixels), a 728×90 “masthead” ad unit , which rotates among 6 advertisers, and a a 180 X 240 badge. The banner and the rectangle appear on all pages of the site, making them our most trafficked ad units. Pricing ranges from $350-500 a month, depending on how many months you purchase.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Marketing partners can create a strong connection with our readers through sponsored content, including editorial pieces. Contact us for guidelines, rates, and info.
Want to know more about our audience, sponsorship opportunities for corporate clients, and social media marketing? Get in touch! CONTACT Margaret Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a local organization, so your ad dollars will stay right here in Oakland and be spent in the community.
℅ Tech Liminal
555 12 Street, Suite 110
Oakland, CA 94607
TESTIMONIALS FROM ADVERTISERS AND COMMUNITY
What people say about Oakland Local
- “Oakland Local has gotten us results that make advertising worthwhile.”–Gavin Raders, Planting Justice
- “We have gotten so many orders from Oakland Local, starting in the first week we placed an ad.”–Phat Beets Collective
- “Oakland Local has helped build a broader awareness for Caffe 817.”–Caffe 817 owners
- “Oakland Local made a huge difference in driving registrations for our events.”–Darlene Crane, Created in Oakland (CIO) and Alliance for Community Development
- “We get orders from Oakland Local readers. It really works!”–Greg Elenbaas, Co-Soap
- “These ads get results.”–Soul Luciani, thismustbetheplace
- “I love what Oakland Local is doing.”–Olis Simmons, Youth UpRising
- “You’re performing such a valuable service for the community.”–Tina Ramos, La Borinqueña
- “I love Oakland Local and see it as an absolutely vital outlet that covers the depth and breadth of stories here and will become increasingly important as all news media continue to evolve.”–Scott Horton, publicist
- “I love reading Oakland Local and have found it to be one of the best resources for local information this year. Thank you for all your good work!”–Ashley Elliott, East Bay Bike Party
- “I think what you’re doing is fantastic.”–Brian Carlsen